Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Our relationship with the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (Minister), as described in the Act, incorporates a range of accountability and reporting obligations.
Australian wheat growers
Australian wheat growers have a pivotal stake in the bulk wheat export arrangements. They also indirectly provide a significant proportion of WEA’s funding through the Wheat Export Charge. We have a legislated obligation to communicate with growers about the performance of the Wheat Export Accreditation Scheme, which we do through issuing reports and industry consultations.
Bulk wheat exporters
We are responsible for assessing bulk wheat exporter applicants and for the monitoring of companies that gain accreditation. We maintain an ongoing program of auditing, meeting and communicating with exporters.
Other stakeholders include:
- industry organisations (such as Grains Council of Australia, Grain Growers Association, National Farmers' Federation and the Australian Seed Federation)
- grain exporter organisations (such as the National Agricultural Commodities marketing Association, Australian Grain Exporters Association and state grain merchants)
- wheat grower groups across Australia (such as the state farming organisations)
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry and the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- other Australian Government departments and agencies